Volterra Partners is an economic consultancy specialising in the economic, health, social and equality impact of development projects and transport infrastructure. We provide creative, industry leading analysis to our clients. Our primary business is estimating the economic impacts of development and infrastructure schemes. Having worked on many of London’s most iconic developments, we are proud to be one of London’s most respected small Economic Consultancies. With recent projects in Oxford, Birmingham, Cambridge, Kent and Essex, our reputation is also growing nationally.
Our consultants have advised on the largest and most innovative transport schemes: Crossrail, High Speed Rail, Hyperloop to name just a few. Recent development projects have included: Battersea Power Station redevelopment, the major redevelopment of London Olympia exhibition centre and the proposed MSG Sphere London event venue. We are also currently working on London Resort, a proposed theme park on the Swanscombe Peninsula in North Kent.
Volterra provides cutting-edge, best in class, analysis to support our clients in understanding the social and economic impacts of these innovative and exciting projects. All of our consultants are encouraged to spend a certain number of days per year doing research into new areas, both to follow their interests and to innovate within the company’s business areas.
There is an opportunity to join us. The nature of the company means that the role can be adapted to your experience, giving you both the flexibility and support to progress in your role. You will have exposure to a variety of projects and big name clients from multinationals and government departments to trade bodies.
We aim to offer a competitive and enjoyable work package – this includes summer hours (finishing early on a Friday during the summer months), the ability to buy extra holidays, flexible working arrangements, and a varied series of regular work socials.
We are looking for bright and commercially aware graduates, as well as experienced hires (with a couple of years’ experience from a related field, or bright individuals looking for a career change), to join our friendly and intellectually curious team of Economists.
This exciting role will involve:
- Technical, quantitative work
- Qualitative background research and reading
- Report writing and client liaison
- Developing project methodologies
- Undertaking innovative research in the field of economic and social impact
- Writing proposals and supporting on key projects
- 2:1 or 1st class degree (or equivalent) in a numerate or social science degree, such as Economics, Mathematics, PPE, or geography, as well as others with a quantitative or social science background will be considered.
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Communication skills and commercial awareness
- Capability with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in a consultancy (work experience, internship or full-time employment)
- Competence with statistical software (such as R or GIS)
We offer a competitive remuneration package.
Please send both your CV and a covering letter, displaying motivation for the role, by email to Nicola Pallai Nicola Pallai
The deadline for applications to be considered is Friday 1st July 2022. Interviews will take place in our Putney office during w/c 11th July 2022.
We are looking for both graduates and consultants with a few years’ experience to join our growing team. You will have exposure to a variety of projects and big-name clients from multinationals and government departments to trade bodies.