Volterra is an independent and highly successful Economic Consultancy. We specialise in the economic, social and regenerative impacts of development and infrastructure. We developed the original business case and wider economic benefits case for Crossrail, the Northern Line Extension and have worked on High Speed One and High Speed Two. We have analysed the socio-economic impacts of major development sites across London: including Nova at Victoria, Battersea Power Station and Paddington Quarter. We have undertaken work for many of London’s Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) analysing their areas’ economic importance and the scope for change with major developments.
We are currently seeking to recruit highly motivated economists with between two and ten years’ experience, and graduates who are interested to pursue a career in economics. Candidates should be educated to at least graduate level in economics or a related subject. Relevant professional experience is highly desirable.
This is an opportunity to join one of the UK’s most influential Economics firms, working with a range of big-name clients from multinationals and government departments to trade bodies, with exposure to a variety of projects. You will have responsibility for leading projects, a generous remuneration package, and opportunities to work overseas.
- Technical delivery of transport and development projects
- Management of junior staff on projects
- Proposal writing and winning work
- Effective communication with clients and develop relationships
- Write clear robust reports
- Business development and marketing
- Project management, managing programmes and budgets
The foundation of a successful career with Volterra is based on our core values, accomplishing memorable client delivery, becoming a respected expert, and growing our business. We are a friendly and intellectually curious team of Economists.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A degree (or higher), in Economics or Econometrics, or a related subject (for example geography, mathematics)
- A solid foundation of professional experience in assessing the economic impact of development and/or infrastructure (strongly desirable).
- A mix of analytical rigour, the ability to apply economic theory to a wide range of practical problems, and strong written and communication skills.
- Operational skills, with the ability to work to a high level of accuracy under deadlines
- A smart, pragmatic, and results-focused approach, with the ability to operate on a range of local and international engagements.
How to apply –
Cover letter with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.