Leading economist and Transport specialist Paul Buchanan was one of the speakers at a recent seminar in Stockholm discussing the much anticipated and publicised Hyperloop.
On April 7, VTI together with KTH Royal Institute of Technology, hosted a seminar on Hyperloop in Stockholm, Sweden. Hyperloop is a concept to introduce very fast rail transport, initially developed by entrepreneur Elon Musk.
The seminar discussed a hyperloop connection between Sweden, Åland and Finland, and how this would relate to plans for a fast train between Stockholm, Malmö and Gothenburg in Sweden.
Among the speakers were:
- Alan James, VP Global Business Development – Passenger Systems, Hyperloop Technologies Inc.
- Paul Buchanan, Partner, Volterra Partners LLP
- Mika Mannervesi, Head of City development Salo
- Peter Georén, KTH, och Mårten Fröjdö, FS Links.
You can watch a section of the seminar on the YouTube playlist below.
The seminar arranged by VTI in cooperation with:
- Hyperloop Technologies Inc
- Företagarna på Åland
- FS Links
- Centre for Transport Studies
- Infra Sweden 2030.